Patient Care Team Opportunities
Inter-professional Staff Profiles
What makes the CVH Patient Care Team unique?
NURSING:Learn More »
- Professional Model
- PEN-Professional Excellence in Nursing is based on mentorship, partnership and empowerment of nurses. Our focus is the therapeutic relationship with our patients. We support our staff in the development of therapeutic relationships with patients and with our inter-professional team members by promoting open and respectful communication.
- Partnership Councils-be included with your peers, Nurse Manager and Nurse Educator and contribute to change on your unit such as bedside report and daily bullet rounds.
- Nursing Excellence Awards-nurses from all areas are honored by their peers for their contribution to nursing. This is done through peer nominations.
- Nursing Week-several activities planned throughout the week such as nursing grand rounds and our traditional nursing week dinner. Nurses celebrating each other.
- Nursing Education and Professional Growth
- Skills days-variety of workshops addressing different skill sets such as skin care, basic and advanced, central venous access devices, level I and level II, and preceptor workshops.
- Lunch and Learn Sessions-monthly sessions on medication updates, new equipment including safety devices and skill refresher for central venous access devices.
- Extensive Orientation-orientation specific to nursing in the first week. Individualized unit specific orientation with a mix of preceptored shifts and classroom education time specific to your individual skill set and learning needs.
- Personal and Professional Growth-get involved in one of our committees such as Joint Occupational Health and Safety or Human Resources Advisory Committee.
- Benefits of Nursing at CVH
- Job sharing
- Self scheduling options
- Computer documentation systems
- Comprehensive benefits package