Our Hiring Process
Our Recruitment Vision:
To attract, hire and retain the best qualified and capable employees whose knowledge and expertise contributes to the hospital’s vision of being the finest hospital in Canada and which helps to realize our mission to deliver quality compassionate health care.
Applying for Positions @ CVH
- You may upload a current copy of your resume and cover letter to the position you are interested in applying to.
- In your application, include:
- the reference number (i.e. HRD number) and;
- job title of the position
- Submit a separate resume/application for each position you are interested in applying to.
- Keep a record of the reference number and job posting in case you have follow-up questions later on in the process.
Selection of Candidates
- The recruitment team reviews all applications.
- Selected applicants are those whose skills and qualifications most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- These selected applicants are contacted for an initial interview. Interviews may occur by phone, in person and/or by interview panel.
- The recruitment process may include pre-employment testing to validate skills, knowledge and/or competencies for the positions. Methods of testing include tests (online or written), role plays and so on.
- Reference Checking is a standard and final step in the recruitment process. Generally, references are requested early in the process.
Final Steps of the Recruitment Process
- When selected to participate in the interview process, the outcome of the job competition is communicated. There is an opportunity for a follow-up discussion regarding any hiring decisions.
- We are fortunate to have a high volume of qualified applicants applying for similar positions. This means we often have some difficult hiring decisions. If you are not selected for a specific position, we encourage you to review our hospital website regularly and apply to positions as they come available.
- Successful candidates selected to fill the position are contacted by the recruitment team, at which time an offer of employment is made.